Gary 'Smiler' Turner's Blog

My personal website is www.garyturner.co.uk, and check out my book "No Worries" on Amazon here http://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B00DWI046W

Thursday 20 September 2012

Can hypnotherapy help with disease?



Can hypnotherapy help with disease?

Quite simply, yes! A good hypnotherapist can definitely help with disease!

Firstly, let’s clear something up. Hypnotherapy should always be used in a ‘complimentary’ basis and not as ‘alternative’. Whatever condition you have please make sure that you always heed the medical advice from your appropriate medical practitioners. (Though don’t be afraid to question, ask for second opinions, and carry out your own research!)

Just to make it clear, hypnotherapy as an alternative practice would be to use hypnotherapy rather than other medical models. That, to me, can be madness. Hypnotherapy as a complimentary practice is to use hypnotherapy alongside other medical models.

Hypnotherapy also doesn’t make any claims of ‘miracle’ cures. Although, saying that, I have successfully worked with asthma, chronic fatigue, allergies, psoriasis, pain (including chronic pain condition), fibromyalgia, insomnia, depression, neurological conditions, ‘physical’ injuries and many other conditions. (I’m not saying I can help with all, as some will no doubt have a genetic basis, or be due to irreversible physical damage, yet if there is a psych element I would work with all my experience to find and resolve it.)

When clients contact me and ask if I can help directly with the disease or condition. I normally just answer “maybe, and I’m willing to give it a go – are you?” and let them know that I am constantly amazed at just how many presenting diseases and conditions have a basis in psychology.

Yet at the same time there is much I can do in respect to the psychological elements, everything from clearing negative emotions, stress and anxiety, fears and worry, helping with beliefs and focusing the mind on what you want to have happen. I can help you accept the condition you find yourself in, help you focus your mind on a positive outcome, and put you in a much more positive mindset.

As an aside, even if you have a viral infection, hypnotherapy can help. The immune system is known to be put under pressure when negative emotion is present. And the immune system is given a boost when there is positive emotion. So even just doing an ‘emotional clear-up’ of your mind will put you in a better place to fight the infection.

So can hypnotherapy help with disease? Yes it can. Though should always be utilised alongside other appropriate medical attention. How much can it help? That depends on the condition, and the person with the condition. There will be some improvement, if just in your state of mind. And sometimes there can be so much more...are you willing to give it a go? What have you got to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment